Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:17 pm Post subject: Creamy tomato soup for toddlers
|This is something I used to make for my kids too. Over time, they got really sick of drinking this soup. Thus they won't go near it now.
This recipe yields 2 portions..for 2 kids or freeze one portion for another day.
5 red tomatoes(remove skin)
1 potato(cut into quarters)
400 ml water
1. To remove skin of tomatoes, drop all into a pot of boiling hot water for 1 min.
2. Remove and peel off the skin.
3. Cut tomatoes into quarters. Discard seeds, sliced away the green stem.
4. In a large sauce pot, add water to boil.
5. Add potatoes and tomatoes to cook(about 15 mins)
6. Strained, removed vegetables and blend till smooth.
7. Pour blended vegetables into pot of boiling water.
8. Stir to mix. Cook till soup thickens.
Serve with finger biscuits(for teething babies). Let your child enjoy his/her food by dipping the biscuits into the gooey tomato soup.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1