Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Butternut Pumpkin Porridge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Butternut Pumpkin Porridge Reply with quote

This is more like a fusion between the chinese way of cooking porridge and using a western ingredient(the Butternut pumpkin).

I don't have a picture of the butternut pumpkin..but it looks like a wine gourd used in olden Chinese story book. You can find this butternut pumpkin in most supermarkets. In Singapore, its mostly sold in Cold Storage, Jason's Marketplace.

This recipe yields 3 bowls of porridge. Can be given to weaning babies, toddler and older kids.
Ingredients:
200 g Butternut Pumpkin(diced)
100 g sweet potato(diced)
half cup cooked rice
300 ml rich chicken stock
1 cup water

Method:
1. in a sauce pot add chicken stock and water to boil.
2. When its boiling, add cooked rice and rest of ingredients to simmer for 30 mins on low heat.
3. Turn off stove and serve.

Notes:
You can also use a slow cooker to do this. If you use a slow cooker, the cooking time is slightly longer by another 30 mins.
If you serving this to older children from 3 years above, you can add a little of light soya sauce or pinch of salt or sprinkle a tablespoon of fried ikan bilis.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Kiddie Food All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: