Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Chocolate Chips Cookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> C is for Cookie!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovebaking
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Chocolate Chips Cookies Reply with quote

I have just removed a tray of freshly baked chocolate chips cookies from my oven... ummm it is so fragrant and the cookies... tho' very hot... just tastes so heavenly. Just got some left over cookies chips of hersey and decided to make these cookies to give away to my colleagues today. this recipe is taken from Quick and Easy Chocolate, the book I bought from the 2nd hand bookstore in Bras Besar.

Ingredients
125g margarine, softened (I used scs butter)
6tbsp light brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1 1/2 cup plain flour (i used HK flour)
1/3 cup of semisweet chocolate pieces (i used hersey mini chips)

1. Preheat oven at 350F and lightly oil 2 trays.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Beat in egg with 2tbsp of flour and then mix together well until thoroughly blended.
Add reminaing flour and chocolate chips and using hands, work the dough until it form into a smooth bal. Wrap and chill the dough for 20 mins
Roll the dough into small balls and place in the baking sheet. Don't attempt to put them too close coz the cookies will spread during baking.
3, Bake for 20 mins until golden brown and cool.

Cook's Tips
The dough can be wrapped and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week, then baked as required.

HAPPY BAKING Wink
hippomama
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Chocolate chip cookies Reply with quote

Can I use normal plain flour or SF flour?
irenechin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kpo here ...

hippomama, i believe if you look as the recipe carefully, it calls for the use of plain flour ... so of cos you can use plain flour.

My Online Store
hippomama
lurker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Irene,

Thanks. I didn't read properly. Cuz I saw she said she used HK flour. Pai say pai say...

btw, I must compliment you on your blog. It's through your blog that I discovered this KC site. So I must thank you thank you for your wonderful blog.

Also, I chanced upon your blog cuz I googled for Mango pudding receipe and I discovered so much more. In the end I baked your Mango cake. It was delicious!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> C is for Cookie! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: