Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Location: Perth, WA
|Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:21 pm Post subject: Coconut Lemon Crisps (recipe and pic)
|Modified this recipe for fun.
250 grams butter - softened
250 grams sugar (i used less)
2 large or 3 small eggs
teaspoon of vanilla
3 cups of plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup of custard powder
grated rind of 2 lemons
2-3 cups shredded coconut
1. Cream eggs, butter, sugar, lemon rind and vanilla.
2. Add sifted flour, custard powder and baking powder. Mix till well combined
3. In warm weather, put it back in the fridge to firm up.
4. Roll logs of this dough mix on a board and cut into small pieces. Instead of dusting the board with flour, I used coconut.
5. Roll into balls (coat as much cocnut as you can on the outside). Don't flatten too much as the biscut will flatten itself.
6. Bake in a moderate oven till golden and crisp.