Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:43 am Post subject: Basic Creamy Potage for weaning babies
|Use this as a base of making creamy puree to add to meats and other vegetables to create a creamy soup for weaning babies.
2 large potatoes
1 large white onion
500 ml water
1. Cut all vegetables into smaller cubes.
2. In a large pot, add water to boil.
3. Add all vegetables and simmer over medium heat(30 mins).
4. Strained/remove vegetables and mash while its hot.
5. Add mashed vegetables into soup and stir till its mixed.
6. To store this, put potage in ziplock bags of 200ml and freeze
How to use:
To use this, just remove from freezer to thaw in room temperature for 1 hour.
Steam it over high heat for 10 mins.
Either feed it on its own or can be use with other ingredients/dishes for kids.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1