Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:15 pm Post subject: Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich(recipe n pic)
|From Pauline Loh aka Mrs Cang
PD Note: I cannot claim total credit for this as I "stole" this recipe from my son, Luke. This was often one of his post NS weekend binges.
500 g beef flank
2 red onions, thinly sliced
1 punnet brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
400 g tasty cheddar, grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 crusty bread rolls
1. Slice beef flank thinly, across the grain. Set aside.
2. Heat up 1 spoonful olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry mushrooms until cooked. Set aside.
3. Wipe frying pan clean and heat up remaining olive oil. Fry onions until soft and sweet and add beef slices. Toss over high heat until just cooked.
4. Split buns into two and pile beef and onion mixture into the centre. Add mushrooms.
5. Top with grated cheese and place in a hot oven or under a grill to melt the cheese. Drizzle with chilli or tomato sauce. Serve hot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1