Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am Post subject: Golden Beads (rec n pic)
|Re post this recipe as I have made changes to the old recipe I had.
Recipe by Gina Choong
Serves 4 persons
1 pumpkin about 600g
300g tapioca flour
pinch of sea salt(fine)
200g pork belly(parboil in water for 2 mins, then cut into strips)
5 pcs dried mushrooms, soften in water, shredded
100g dried shrimps
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp cooking oil
5 pcs shallots, sliced (shallots are small red onions)
1. Leave the skin on the pumpkin, wash and de-seed the pumpkin.
2. Steam over high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Remove and using a spoon, scrape out the cooked pumpkin flesh.
4. Mash with a potato masher while its still hot and add tapioca flour to knead and form into a smooth dough.
5. Pinch and form dough into coin shape beads. Set aside.
6. Heat up a wok with water till boiling. Add salt.
7. Drop in beads, one at a time to cook. The beads will sink to the bottom of the wok. When it floats, its cooked.
8. Scoop out the cooked beads and drain. Set aside.
1. Heat up oil in wok and add shallots to saute till brown.
2. Add shrimps to fry till crispy, fragrant.
3. Add pork to fry till its cooked.
4. Finally mushrooms and rest of the seasonings.
5. Stir fry over high heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add drained beads into it and toss till evenly mixed.
7. Serve warm...!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1