Joined: 03 Aug 2005
|Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:22 am Post subject: Bread & Butter Pudding (Recipe & Pic)
|Bread & Butter Pudding
7 Slices White Bread
1/4 Cup Castor Sugar
2 1/2 Cups Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 Cup Sultanas
Some butter for spreading on bread
Some ground cinnamon
1) Trim crusts from bread, spread butter on each slice, cut into 4 triangles.
2) Arrange a layer of triangles with butter side up in a shallow (rectangular), ovenproof dish (8 cup capacity). It is basically 2 rows of triangles, overlapping slightly.
3) Arrange another row of triangles in between the 2 rows, in opposite direction.
4) Whisk eggs, sugar, milk and essence together in a bowl, pour half of it over bread and let is stand for 10 minutes.
5) Whisk remaining egg mixture again and add sultanas, pour the egg mixture into the dish.
6) Sprinkle some ground cinnamon.
7) Baked in water bath (use hot water) in a pre heated oven 160C for 50 minutes or until custard is set.
Note: I find my bread & butter pudding is not very brown after baking for 50 mins. So, I grilled it for 3 minutes to get some nice brown on the pudding.