Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:18 pm Post subject: Seafood Soupy Pie(recipe n pic)
|was trying out a recipe from my old Sharp MW cookbook. It was using Chicken and thickened cream..too creamy. So I changed the ingredients.
in the book, it was meant to be a Creamy chicken soup with big chunks of chicken, potatoes and carrots and pour over a puff pastry case. I did the reverse. I made 10 pcs. Its delicious but its best eaten when it just out of the oven.
Serves 8 persons
12 pcs tiger prawns(devein, remove all shells)
1 pc Dory Fillet(cut into cubes)
200g Salmon fillet(cut into cubes)
100g Broccoli(cut into smaller pieces)
50g frozen green peas
1 large white onion(chopped)
1 tsp Dried Thyme leaves
1 tsp Dried Tarragon leaves
1 can of Campbell soup(I used Wild Mushroom)
1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese(* I added half Cheddar Cheese, half Mozzi cheese)
1. Heat up wok with 3 tbsp olive oil and saute onions till soft
2. Add chicken, prawns, dory fillet to stir fry over high heat for 2 mins.
3. Add vegetables, water and soup base to fry for 1 min.
4. Turn off the fire and add salmon to toss. Do not cook salmon as it will be cook again in the oven.
5. Divide filling into 8 portions and add them to the disposal cups.
6. Fill only half and top with cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven of 190C for 10 to 15 mins or until top is golden brown.
8. Serve immediately, sprinkle parsley herbs over it.
on my SolarDom oven, the timing was only 10 mins.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1