Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:19 pm Post subject: Sesame & Seaweed Thins
|a spin off from the Almond Crispy Thins, I decided to try it with roasted sesame seeds and chopped seaweed to make this a savoury cookie than a sweet cookie. At least something different for a change.
I bought this from DAISO for only S$2. Ready chopped.
This recipe yields 30 pcs
100 g roasted white sesame seeds
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese(powder form)
2 egg whites
1 tbsp fine salt
50 g plain flour
1. Add salt to egg white and lightly beat it.
2. Add sifted flour and parmesan cheese to mix
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Add 1 tsp of mix on the baking paper.
5. using the back of the spoon to push and flatten the mix on the paper.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds and seaweed on top
7. Bake in preheated oven 180 C for 12 mins or golden brown.
8. Remove to cool slightly outside the oven before removing each cookie from baking paper.
With my LG SolarDom, I reduced the temperature to 170C and baked for 10 mins.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1