Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Ice Cream Stick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raymond
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Ice Cream Stick Reply with quote

A friend borrow me a very old receipe book by Huang Ming Zhu. Found old favourites in this recipe book. When turn to the last page saw this recipe Ice Cream Stick which is my favourite ice cream. Always went to geylang to buy in bulk from the ice cream maker. But now found this recipe I can make myself, have bought the ice cream mould long time ago and now can use it.

Ice Cream Mixture
11/2 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp water
110g sugar
125ml fresh milk
180ml coconut milk
11/2 tbsp condensed milk

Method
1. Blend the cornflour with water in a pot and cook until thickens. Then remove from the fire and pour the sugar all at once into the mixture. Stir and put the pot back to the fire.
2. Add in the fresh milk, coconut milk and condensed milk. Cook the mixture again at a higher heat. Cook until the mixture thickens and lift the pot off the fire when necessary to prevent hardness and starchiness. Do not overcook.
3. Add the prepared flavour into the mixture and mix well.
4. Use the howllow ice cream moulds, wrap one end of each mould with plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band.
5. Fill the mixture to the brim of the moulds. Insert a thin stick or a bamboo skewer at the center. Place them upright in a freezer until set and hardened.

For the flavours
Red Bean flavours: 200g red beans and 120g sugar (Pour the red beans into a pot add sufficient water to cover the red beans and cook. When the red bean is cooked mix in the sugar. Ready for use)

Coconut Flavours: 6 tbsp desiccated coconut and 120g sugar (Just add the coconut and sugar into the cornflour mixture)

Corn flavours: 1 small tin cream cord and 120g sugar (Just add the cream corn and sugar into the cornflour mixture)

Have make the red bean flavour cos I love red bean. The original recipe for the sugar is 150g but I cut to 120g and it taste just nice not too sweet.

No picture cos my bros have borrow my camera.
Very Happy

Last edited by raymond on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetieadel
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you filled the mixture to the mould, do you need to cool it down before you put it into the freezer?
raymond
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sweetieadel

Don't need to cool down, put in straight to the freezer after filling up the mould. Very Happy
sweetieadel
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Raymond.
ET
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ice Cream Stick Reply with quote

[quote="raymond" Use the howllow ice cream moulds,
Very Happy[/quote]

Where can I buy this mould? Any picture? Tks
raymond
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ET

I bought this few years ago when I attend class at QIQI Cooking Class at pearl's centre. I can't remember the price but it's quite expensive.

Smile

Last edited by raymond on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
linajupit
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, raymond...I love ice cream stick especially the red bean and those sold in shops are always too sweet for me. thanks again for sharing..am going to make during easter hols.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cold Room All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: