Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:24 pm Post subject: Meatball Tofu (recipe n pic)
|I saw this food photo in a cookbook while browsing at Popular book store the other day..but forgot which cookbook it was. I didn't remember the steps for this dish..so did my own version. but the picture was similar.
2 tubes of Egg Tofu(cut into coins)
50g minced pork
50g grey prawn meat(chopped)
3 tbsp Japanese Soya sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
dash of ground white pepper
pinch of salt
200g of chye sim, washed and cut into smaller pieces
1. Blanch vegetables in hot water for 30 secs. Remove and drained.
2. Arrange it all around a deep dish.
3. Arrange tofu coins on the plate
4. mix minced pork with prawns and marinate with salt and pepper and cornstarch.
5. Add a teaspoon of the meat ball on top of each tofu.
6. Mix the remaining sauce ingredients and pour all over the tofu and vegetables.
7. Microwave on HIGH(100%) for 3 mins.
8. Leave it to stand inside the oven for a further 2 mins.
9. Remove and serve immediately.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1