Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:12 pm Post subject: Cashew Nut Crackers(recipe n pic)
|This is using the recipe for Fennel Seeds crackers, modify to use cashew nuts.
This is my adaptation of the popular Indian snack..mostly found selling in Little India shops at Serangoon Road, Singapore usually they used Peanuts. but I am not a great fan of Peanuts so i used Cashew nuts instead.
I use the big ladle to make this cracker
Makes 24 pieces
200g rice flour
half cup of roasted salted cashew nuts
1 tsp tumeric powder
1. Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT nuts and stir till it turns into a watery batter.
2. Heat up wok with cooking oil.
3. Lower ladle to hot oil to heat it(without batter)
4. Pour about 1 tbsp of batter into the ladle and sprinkle some nuts on it. Lower it into the wok to deep fry.
5. Shake the ladle to release the cracker and fry till its crispy(about 3 mins).
6. Remove and drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat till all the batter is used.
8. Store in air tight containers for upto 1 week.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1