Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Sup Kambing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linq1
lurker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Sup Kambing Reply with quote

This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. Taste is very similiar to the popular Indian Muslim soup that is adored by many. Usually, I use beef instead of mutton as my husband gets headaches after eating mutton so whatever you like is fine. So now,instead of lugging all the way for that favourite bowl, you can cook your own and share it with your loved ones.Guaranteed satisfaction.... Wink

Recipe

500gm beef/mutton
2 pandan leaves
1 cinnamon stick
water (enough to cover meat)

1) Boil over medium heat till meat is tender. Add in more water if water has evaporated and meat is not yet tender.

2 large onions
4 garlic
1 cm of ginger
2 tablespoons (or more) of kurma powder
1/2 packet of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of cornflour (mixed with water)
1/2 tablespoon of tumeric
spring onion and parsley (chopped)
fried shallots
french loaf (toasted)

1)Puree onion, garlic and ginger in a blender
2)Heat up oil in frying pan
3)Fry blended mixure together with kurma powder till turns darker in colour and fragrant. Turn off heat and set aside.
4)Once meat is tender, add rempah paste into the soup. Simmer for 20 minutes
5)Add in corn flour mixture, tumeric and coconut milk. Simmer till soup thickens. Usually soup will thicken even more when it is cooler but if not just add in more corn flour mixture as desired.
6)To serve: Ladle soup in a bowl. Sprinkle chopped parsley, spring onion and fried shallots. Eat with toasted french loaf or rice. Even better when it has been reheated a couple of times. Enjoy!!!!
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ling

thank you for sharing your recipe with us.

For the beef or mutton, which cut do you suggest for this? As many here are not like me.. Embarassed I buy stuff from Supermarkets and its usually labelled for Stewing. Many needs to know the name or right cut of meat so they can go to Meat stalls in wet market to get it.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
linq1
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Sup Kambing Reply with quote

hi,

sad to say but i use the same thing.haha. its just me, my husban and my daughter. i guess meat used for stew/curry should be fine....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Asian Soups All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: