Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Foccacia Bread (Pix and recipe)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugbear
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Foccacia Bread (Pix and recipe) Reply with quote

500 gm bread flour
10 gm malt flour (optional)
8 gm bread improver
10 gm instant dry yeast
3 gm oregano
3 gm rosemary (plus extra for topping)
1 gm ground black pepper
8 gm salt
310 gm cold water
30 gm olive oil

Put all ingredients, except olive oil, into a mixing bowl. Mix at low speed first for abt 2 mins. Then add in olive oil and beat at medium speed for abt 15 mins until dough is fully developed. Round up dough and coat the cling wrap with a thin layer of olive oil and cover dough to rest for 1 hour. Then gently press out the air and leave dough to rest for another 5 mins. Oil a baking tray with olive oil.

Roll out dough to fill the baking tray evenly. Prove for another 1 hour or until dough is double in size. Using finger make deep holes all over the dough. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle some rosemary over it.

Baked in a pre-heated oven at 220 C deg until crisp-crusted underneath and lightly brown on top. Immediately brush with olive oil and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Last edited by hugbear on Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lovergal
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: What is Malt Flour? Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you tell me what is malt flour and where can I purchase it?

Thanks,
bee
hugbear
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Malt Flour? Reply with quote

Lovergal wrote:
Hi,

Can you tell me what is malt flour and where can I purchase it?

Thanks,
bee

Malt flour is a flour containing maltose sugar, extracted from sprouted barley or wheat. It is a nutritious additive to bread. I think any of the shops like PH or Sin Lik will have them. Actually for me I don't have malt flour so I substituted it with rye flour since I have it in my fridge.
Linda
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeLee

1. Can I substitute the maltose flour with wholemeal flour?
2. I am using a breadmaker to make the dough. In that case, when should I add in the olive oil?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hugbear
Kitchen Hand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
LeeLee

2. I am using a breadmaker to make the dough. In that case, when should I add in the olive oil?

Can be substituted. I also dun hv maltose flour and I substituted it with rye flour.

Sorry, Linda, I dunno lei. I nvr use my breadmaker for making bread. Prefer to use my KA. Maybe those who uses breadmaker can help Linda on this.
cwl
Commis Cook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
LeeLee

Linda, I normally add my oil together with the liquids when making bread in my breadmaker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: