Joined: 28 Jun 2007
|Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:06 pm Post subject: grilled portobello mushrooms
|Hi, am new to KC
have this easy peasy recipe for portobello mushrooms which go very well with pasta or roasted meats as an appetiser.
1 tray of portobello mushrooms (usually cold storage has nice, big fresh ones)
freshly ground black pepper
1. clean portobello mushrooms with damp cloth. DON"T wash.
2. in a small bowl, pour about three tablespoons of olive oil.
3. add pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. heat grill in oven.
5. place mushrooms on baking tray. using a brush, brush oil mixture on mushrooms.
6. grill for 7 mins. remove, turn mushrooms and brush oil mixture on the other side.
7. grill for another 7 mins.
when done, the mushrooms are darker in colour and will be juicy. don't throw away the liquid that is in baking tray. pour onto grilled mushrooms before serving.
really yummy, moist and nutritious