Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:07 am Post subject: Nasi Goreng(recipe and pic)
Serves 4 persons
4 bowls of cooked rice(cold, from the fridge)
1 cup thawed frozen vegetables(carrots, corn kernels, peas)
3 tbsp Sambal Paste(I used my Laksa paste)
2 tbsp Sambal chilli Oil
1 China fragrant garlic(sliced)
10 tiger prawns
Garnishing : optional
Fried Sliced Garlic
or Fried Egg sunny side up
1. Heat up wok with Sambal oil.
2. Add shallots, garlic to stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add prawns to fry till it turns pink or cook(about 5 mins on high heat)
4. Add rice and thaw vegetables to fry.
5. Add sambal paste to fry.
6. Serve with chopped spring onions, fried shallots and fried Garlic slices.
Best to have this with a fried egg on top. And a couple of Satay on the side. If not, add some fried ikan billis on top too.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1