Joined: 16 Mar 2007
|Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:55 am Post subject: Swedish Meatballs
This recipe is modified from the Ikea Swedish Meatballs recipe.
250gm minced beef
250gm minced pork
1/2 onion, finely-chopped
1 clove garlic, finely-chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cold boiled potatoes
8 tbsps oil
A pinch nutmeg
A pinch all spice powder
Salt and pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil and saute the onion till translucent in medium heat.
2. Then add in the garlic and stir fry till golden brown. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Mash the potatoes, moisten the all-purpose flour and baking soda in a little water.
3. Mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper, a pinch of nutmeg and a little finely crushed allspice.
4. Use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer the balls to a shallow dish fill with flour.
5. Stir fry them slowly in the remaining oil.
6. Put them in the oven to keep warm, while preparing the salad/vegetables and the sauce.
The Cream Sauce
200ml beef stock
A dash Chinese soya sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
A pinch salt
A dash white pepper
1. Swirl the beef stock in a pot.
2. Add in the milk till boil.
3. Transfer the beef stock and milk mixture to the frying pan which fry the meatballs.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the cornstarch with some water and add into the boiling mixture till thickened.
4. Serve the meatballs with the sauce, freshly boiled potatoes or pasta, uncooked lingonberry jam and salad/vegetables. And you will have a swedish meal.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalms 119:105
My humble blog: