Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:53 am Post subject: Prawn Laksa(recipe n pic)
|This Photo was taken by Flame Productions(Singapore) for Shape Magazine 2008. I submitted a no-coconut recipe (Bo Bo Cha Cha) and the Editor ask me to help to create this dish for photography. The Laksa dish was submitted by another Chef. I think their photo is so nice.. the table mat is from me. They came to my house to do the food styling, photography.
This one is photographed by me. not so fancy..but works
Laksa paste recipe:
300g thick rice noodles, soaked to soften
200g grey prawns(medium)
500ml coconut milk
150g laksa paste (see link for recipe)
Salt to taste
100g fresh laksa leaves
100g bean sprouts, blanched
5 pieces tau pok/ bean curd puffs, sliced
2 hard boiled eggs
Method for the stock:
1. Boil 200ml of water in a pot. Add prawns to cook for 3 minutes. Drain and peel the prawns. Discard the shells. Add the laksa paste to cook.
2. Remove laksa leaves from the stalks and put the stalks into the pot to cook.
3. Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat.
4. Add diced bean curd and sliced bean curd puffs to cook. Add salt to taste.
5. Serve the laksa gravy over blanched rice noodles. Garnish with a pinch of chopped laksa leaves, eggs, cooked prawns, and more chilli if desired.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total