Joined: 22 Nov 2007
|Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:04 am Post subject: Braised Chicken Wings
|My own recipe. One of my favourite to use when I have guests over. Hope you all enjoy it!
8-10 chicken wings
2 tbl light soya sauce
1 tbl dark soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1 stick cinnamon (4 cm)
2 star anise
8-9 cloves of garlic, peeled
1.5 tsp cornstarch mixed with a little water (to be used later)
spring onion for garnishing (optional)
1. In a pot (I used a non-stick pot), mix all the seasoning, spices and water.
2. Add the chicken wings, one by one, into the mixture to ensure each is coated with the mixture.
3. Add in the garlic and bring everything to a boil.
4. When boiled, lower the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, turning the chicken wings every 15 minutes to ensure even coating and browning. The water level should only cover a little of the chicken wings.
5. When done, remove the chicken wings to a serving plate. Keeping the heat at low, add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and garnish with spring onion.
My baking & knitting journey