Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:30 pm Post subject: Spicy Chilly with Curry leaves(rec n pic)
|I created this due to 2 reasons:
1..to rid of the leftover curry leaves I have got in the fridge before it turns bad.
2. and some small green limes too..!
Recipe yields 500g
250g dried chilli(soak in water to soften)
15 shallots(small red onions)
5 cloves of garlic
70g young ginger
juice from 10 small limes
200ml corn oil
100g dried shrimps
1 bunch of fresh curry leaves(about 50g)
1. Blend the all the ingredients till smooth(except Dried shrimps and curry leaves)
2. Chop the dried shrimps till coarse..means in bits and pieces..not powdery. Mix with paste
3. Heat up wok with corn oil and add paste and fry over low heat for 20 mins.
4. Add curry leaves and sugar and stir fry to cook for a further 10 mins.
5. Turn off the fire and cool before storing.
Store in an glass jar in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Store in a plastic bag(ziplock) in the freezer for longer periods.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1