Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 am Post subject: Butter Garlic Wild Rice(rec n pic)
1 cup of Wild Rice(I use Bob's Red Mill 3 Grains Wild Rice)
2.5 cups water
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. Wash rice under running tap water. Drained.
2. Heat up wok with butter. Add garlic to stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add washed rice and fry over high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
4. Dish out and put into a claypot(casserole)..add water
5. Cook over the stove for 45 mins over low heat.
6. Toss the cooked rice once its done.
7. Serve with vegetables or great on its own.
Other ways to cook the rice
1. In a rice cooker
2. In a claypot into the MW oven. Cook over High Heat(100%) for 15 mins.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1