Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:01 pm Post subject: Kiam Chye Buay(rec n pic)
|A very common side dish in stalls selling teochew porridge. Occasionally you will also see this dish in stalls selling Bak Kut Teh.
I have ask so many people about this and how to cook it and nobody wants to tell me the truth..only dropping hints here and there. So I had to improvised and cook it by taste and flavour.
Hubby said its as good as the ones sold outside. Except that its not that unhealthy. Mine was cooked using Chicken fat instead of the traditional Pork lard oil.
300g kiam chye buay, chopped into cubes(salted/preserved green mustard leaf stalks)
100ml chicken oil
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1 cup water
1. Heat up wok with chicken oil and add kiam chye buay and garlic to stir fry.
2. once it starts to sizzle, turn off heat and add all the rest of the ingredients into a slow cooker to cook for 8 to 10 hours
3. Serve hot to compliment plain rice or plain porridge.
4. Uneaten ones can be kept in the fridge.
5. To serve, just steam till warm.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1