Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Please help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cake Decorations 101
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mom_of_2angels
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Please help... Reply with quote

Can anybody help me with tips and advices on how to have a levelled cupcake baked? When I bake cupcakes, it rises very unevenly, which makes it very difficult to do the deco/icing. I have to cut the top part and then do the deco/icing.

Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated as I intend giving a try first before I bake cupcakes for my son's birthday.

Any good and easy recipe to share with the deco/icing?

Thanks
cookingmonster
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what you are doing is correct....to make the top look flat...you just have to cut it. or you can consider making your cupcakes like spongecake texture...for sponge cakes..the tops will usually sink in when cooled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cake Decorations 101 All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: