Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:54 pm Post subject: Fish Head Bee hoon(rec n pic)
|FISH HEAD BEEHOON
Recipe by Gina Choong
500g fish bones
200ml evaporated milk
1 litre water
100g soya bean
1 large packet bee hoon (rice vermicelli)
300g Chinese lettuce, blanched
200g bean sprouts
500g fish head with meat, chopped into large pieces
Salt to taste
Marinade for fish head:
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
2 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1. Use a large pot, add water to boil. Add all the fish bones, soya beans to simmer over medium heat for 1 hour. Add milk and salt to taste.
2. Strain and discard bones, soya beans and retain the fish stock
3. Marinate chopped fish head with seasoning. Deep fry fish head pieces till golden brown, remove and drain.
4. Add desired amounts of cooked noodles to a bowl.
5. Add vegetables and fish head pieces. Pour over hot soup. Serve hot with sliced chilli on the side.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1