Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Borek - Turkish Style Pasta In The Oven - Firinda Makarna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> International Rice & Pasta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QQ red apple
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Borek - Turkish Style Pasta In The Oven - Firinda Makarna Reply with quote

This is a kind of borek, which very easy, simple and delicious. Very suitable for lazy people ---- and worth to try! A friend of mine is a turkish, she taught me to baked this and I would like to share with you too.
yummy cheers party
Ingredients:

1 package pasta (farfalla)
1 small borek cheese (from turkish supermarket)- break into small pieces
4 eggs
1 package baking powder (about 7g)
1 cup full yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
Some chopped parsley
Some chopped dille
some grated cheese for topping

Methods:

1. Cook the pasta just al dente. Drain and strain under cold running water. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, yogurt, milk, oil, baking powder, chopped parsley and chopped dille into smooth batter, add in crumble borek cheese and combine well.
3. Pour the cooked pasta into a pyrex dish (glass), and then pour the mixed chesse batter ( step 2) on top and mix it with your hand till combined.
4. Finally sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree celcious until the top is golden brown. Serve en enjoy!

Notes:

1. You may use feta cheese if hardly to buy a borek cheese.
2. I used olive oil in this dish, I didn't mention the amount of parsley and dill because everyone taste is different, so according to yourself.
3. I packed it and deep freezed in my freezer and I warm it again in my microwave and it is still taste good. Smile

You may have a look at here too http://fcngoleong.blogspot.com/2009/04/borek-turkish-style-pasta-in-oven.html

[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> International Rice & Pasta All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: