Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am Post subject: Royal Tea Cupcakes(rec n pic)
|texture of cupcakes are very light and crumbly. Delicious at every bite. I really happy with the results. The Japanese Royal Tea paste is really that good.
Yields 12 cupcakes
85g fine sugar
180g Cake flour
1.5 tbsp Japanese Royal Tea Paste(Jupe brand)
100g dried mixed fruits
1. Beat soft butter with sugar till its light and creamy. About 10 mins over medium speed.
2. Add eggs one at a time to beat till well combined
3. Add Royal tea paste, whip till mixed evenly.
4. Add flour to fold in and finally fruits.
5. Pour into cupcake liners till 80% full
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 minutes or when tops are slightly browned.
7. Remove to cool before serving.
You can add your own dried fruits like apricots, peaches or even cranberries. If you add fruits that are sour, just add a little more sugar to this recipe by as much as 20g.
I have reduced the amount of sugar used here due to the Paste and dried fruits are already sweetened.
About the paste:
Its made in Japan and from this company
If you check their website, you cannot find this Royal Tea paste as I think they may not have updated their site. They came to Singapore last year during the FHA2008 to promote their natural concentrated pastes products.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1