Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:41 am Post subject: Mixed Berries Cupcakes(rec n pic)
|This was created for my Muslim student as she loves Fruit cakes but cannot take liquor soaked ones due to Islam.
She told me she baked this for Father's Day and use it on a bigger cake pan instead of cupcake sizes. The family loved it. She said that now this is her top priority cake to do for Hari Raya now.
My photo is very dark because I didn't put it in good light. Did this again for a cupcake class I had the week before.
Mixed Berries Cupcakes
Recipe by Gina Choong
Recipe yields 12 cupcakes
220g butter(unsalted), soften
80g brown sugar
250g Cake flour
100g Mixed dried fruits
juice from 1 orange
zest from 1 orange
1. Soak mixed fruits in juice for 30 mins. Drain and discard juice.
2. Beat soft butter with sugar till its light and creamy. About 10 mins over medium speed.
2. Add eggs one at a time to beat till well combined
3. Add flour to fold in and finally fruits and orange zest.
4. Pour into cupcake liners till 80% full
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 minutes or when tops are slightly browned.
7. Remove to cool before serving.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1